Make a difference in someone's life.....VOLUNTEER!!
Therapeutic horseback riding uses:
- the warmth and movement of the horse to stretch and strengthen muscles
- the motivation that comes with a fun activity to encourage
concentration and decision-making
- the relationship with the horse and volunteers to improve
communication skills and boost self-esteem in children and adults
Volunteers help riders by:
- leading horses or walking beside riders during lessons to give
encouragement or physical support if needed.
- you don't need any special experience with horses or people with
we'll train you!
Volunteers have as much fun as riders when they:
- commit to one or two
classes per week for a session (twelve weeks)
- participate in weekday, evening or Saturday morning classes
- carpool with other volunteers
- fulfill volunteer hour requirements for academic programs
We also rely on volunteers for:
- Lawn mowing and weed eating. All of the mowing is done on a riding
lawnmower, get a tan and help us out!
- Sprucing up - planting flowers, painting and cleaning
- Special events - Horse shows, fundraising events, etc.
- Hay - help us out for a few hours putting up our hay
- Step One: Decide how
you'd like to get involved. Are you interested in
volunteering in the regular therapeutic riding lessons (evenings and
Saturday mornings)? Are you interested in becoming a board
member/fundraising? Would you be willing to help out around the facility?
Or does your schedule work best for becoming a "sub" or special events volunteer?
- Step Two: Decide how
much time you'd be willing to commit to our program. What does your schedule allow?
- Step Four: Mail your form to PO Box 153, Oregon WI 53575
- Step Five: Three Gaits will contact you to set up a tour or a time for you
to start volunteering. If possible, check the website for
upcoming volunteer training dates and register for a training session.
Contact the Executive Director, Dena Duncan, at (608) 877-9086 or
email@example.com with any questions about volunteering.