Three Gaits is pleased to be able to offer participants the following
equine-assisted programming options:
- Therapeutic Riding (Sport/Recreational)
- Incorporates education, competition, therapy and recreation into horseback
- A therapist uses the movement of the horse as a treatment tool,
working toward functional goals
- Carriage Driving
- A therapeutic carriage driving program provides a wider-based
therapeutic equine experience (Note: Our carriage driving
program is currently on hold)
- Un-Mounted Horsemanship Activities
- To learn about horse care and horsemanship skills from the ground
Please contact Three Gaits to
schedule an assessment to determine
which program may best suit your needs.
Extensive fund raising allows Three Gaits to charge moderate fees for lessons:
One-time fee required for ALL new
clients $40. We reserve the right to ask for an additional
assessment for clients who have taken a hiatus from our program
and wish to return.
12 week, 30 minute classes $330
12 week, 45 minute classes $390
12 week, 60 minute classes $450
- Unmounted Activities:
12 week, 30 minute sessions $330
10 week, 30 minute sessions $750
- Carriage Driving, Session I & III:*
6 week, 30 minute sessions $195
- Carriage Driving, Session II:*
12 week, 30 minute sessions $390
*Our carriage driving program is currently on hold
Limited funds have been donated to assist in cases of financial need. Students may apply for
assistance by contacting the office or by submitting a letter of
request prior to the desired registration deadline. The letter
is to include the amount the student is able to pay and the
amount of assistance requested.
Consideration for Three Gaits volunteers and staff is appreciated. Students are asked to
call the office at (608) 877-9086 as soon as possible if you know you will miss class.
Refunds or credits of lesson fees are available only under the following circumstances:
- If a student must withdraw for medical reasons, a physician's statement is required
- If a cancellation is initiated by Three Gaits.
The safety and good health of students and horses are the most
important concerns of Three Gaits. Class will not be held during the
- Temperature extremes
- High winds
- Thunderstorms or tornado warnings or storms
Students are asked to phone the office at (608) 877-9086 if weather is uncertain.
If classes are cancelled, there will be a message on the machine two
hours before class.
- A safety helmet (ATSM-SEI approved) must be worn and is provided.
- Long pants such as blue jeans, stirrup pants or riding pants.
- Protective sun screen, sun glasses and insect repellant as needed.
- Shoes with sturdy heels (oxfords, riding boots) or non-slip soles are recommended.
- No sandals, crocs, clogs, open-toed or open-heeled shoes.
For clients new to Three Gaits:
For returning clients:
In addition to the forms above, hippotherapy clients must also provide the following form:
** The 2017 Client Registration Form is offered as a computer fillable PDF. Please print, sign
(with a pen) and send to Three Gaits.
Contact Executive Director,
Dena Duncan or Office
Administrator, Melissa Lawrence at